BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Letter from a girl at Western about ATL





I feel like from ATL God really put on my heart lies I had been feeding in my life. I gained this not just from one talk but many of the sessioins, however the main talk that got me going was our womens talk. In it she spoke about stages of blindness, 1-not seeing anything -darkness, 2-people look like trees-the blur of knowing, and 3- Clear View- seeing your sin. For me my vision became clear that I was seeking fullfillment in other things instead of Christ. She asked us the question what is your turkish delight? And then she listed some things that people sometimes hold over God in their lives. Next she challenged us to really seek out those lies and write them down. So, with all that Im making a lies and truth chart and writing down the lies on one side and then putting what the word of God has to say about that on the other. Because it would be easy for me to go down to ATL and hear, see, and learn about this sin and my life and be like okay, glad that's over. But it's not it's an illusion to lie to myself and think that it, so I really want to take action about these things in my life, and really follow the verse I claimed for myself this past semester; But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now to the day of eternity.

0 comments: