It's been a little while since I've updated the blog, and though not much has happened as far as events are concerned, I realized that in a lot of ways, Krieg feels like a totally different child then he was a month ago. The biggest news from his world---Big Boy UNDIES! He very proudly sports Elmo undies, every waking hour of the day. I decided to take the risk of potty training early (which I was never planning on doing) since Krieg self initiated pooping on the potty. I think he's still a little young to have total bladder control, so we have our fair share of small accidents and go through lots of barely wet undies, but, no more diapers for this big man! For that I am very thankful. Having to pay for diapers for 2 kids just didn't appeal to me.
Next on the list of growing up is Krieg's language development. He was way behind in talking, and we even went to the speech therapist for an evaluation on the doctor's request. By 18 months he was only saying about 3 words that anyone besides me could understand. But in the last month, he has started to talk up a storm, and is now saying three word phrases. His phrase of the week has been "play dadda, play!" Every time Kevin comes upstairs, he thinks it must be daddy play time! It is amazing how much it changes life when he can talk so much. Last night Krieg woke up a number of times because of his stuffy nose, and one time I went in their only to hear that his one request was "chapstick". Really? Chapstick at 4AM? But that made him happy and he went back to sleep. Now two months ago it would have taken me 15 minutes to figure out that's what he wanted!
He is now even to the point of others really being able to understand and carry on a conversation with him, which, I think, has had a big influence on him doing so much better with babysitters and new people. I think his lack of ability to communicate made him not frustrated and hesitant to stay with other people. Another factor might also be that I am not nearly as fun of a playmate when I'm 7 months pregnant since I don't run around the house all day with him!
I hope this gives you a little snapshot into our fun right now!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
So many changes
Posted by The Arrowoods at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay krieg! what a big boy!
He's so cute!!
Post a Comment