BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Small Town Love

Yet another reason why I love living in a small town (who would have ever thought!)...
Every Thursday afternoon I pack the kids up into the car and drive to Pendleton, about a 5 min drive to the next town over to go to the farmer's market. It has about 10 different vendors selling produce on card tables, and a handful of other craft type things. Well last week I had picked out some tomatoes and patty pan squash from a man, went to pay, and realized I had forgotten my wallet. When he turned down my offer to write him a $2.50 check, he told me to just pay him next week (he had seen me in previous weeks and must have known I was a regular!). So today, I drove back over there, caught him right as he was packing up early b/c of the heat, set out to pay him for last week and pick up a few more tomatoes. Then he asked, "Do you like Cantelope? Here, you can have one...they will go bad if they don't get eaten." Great, thanks! Then as I'm about to hop back in the car a few minutes later, he hands me a watermelon. "Here, you can throw this one in with it."

So much better than the grocery store! Next on our list- family trip to the blueberry farm at 8AM tomorrow morning! And on the list for the next couple of weeks, Clemson's dairy farm and organic farmers market.

0 comments: