The word I usually use to best describe Krieg's personality is cautious. He is cautious around people he doesn't know, even people he knows well and just hasn't seen in, oh, maybe a day! He is timid in new places. He's a rule follower, observer, doubtful that he can tackle difficult circumstances...
Karis, however, has entered the world of crawling today, with anything but a cautious nature. I new it was coming. She has been about to crawl for a few weeks now, lunging at things out of reach, being a drama queen and screaming when she can't reach what she wants, and my favorite, eying the "no no's" around the house. So, today she made the plunge and figured out to crawl forward on her knees a few feet. Her motivation, my camera and my phone. Every time she sees our phones, she darts for them. She has also already tried to stick her hands in an electrical outlet, (a covered one, don't worry!) and has consequently also gotten her first hand pop. And when I put her down on the kitchen floor for the first time today while I cooked, she managed to pull herself to the kitchen island, open a cabinet, stand up, and pull 3 or 4 things off the shelf. Seriously? I never even put locks on our cabinets with Krieg because he NEVER tried to open them! He never pulled things off shelves, out of drawers, anything.
So, my plan for tomorrow, crawl around the entire house trying to figure out what Karis is going to get into in the next couple of weeks and how in the world I can keep her little hands out of things!
Karis, however, has entered the world of crawling today, with anything but a cautious nature. I new it was coming. She has been about to crawl for a few weeks now, lunging at things out of reach, being a drama queen and screaming when she can't reach what she wants, and my favorite, eying the "no no's" around the house. So, today she made the plunge and figured out to crawl forward on her knees a few feet. Her motivation, my camera and my phone. Every time she sees our phones, she darts for them. She has also already tried to stick her hands in an electrical outlet, (a covered one, don't worry!) and has consequently also gotten her first hand pop. And when I put her down on the kitchen floor for the first time today while I cooked, she managed to pull herself to the kitchen island, open a cabinet, stand up, and pull 3 or 4 things off the shelf. Seriously? I never even put locks on our cabinets with Krieg because he NEVER tried to open them! He never pulled things off shelves, out of drawers, anything.
So, my plan for tomorrow, crawl around the entire house trying to figure out what Karis is going to get into in the next couple of weeks and how in the world I can keep her little hands out of things!
1 comments:
This made me laugh!
Post a Comment