BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 19, 2011

You know you are a stay-at-home-mom when you get just as excited about fun, new toys as your kids do. Well, today was one of those days. Our church had a big yard sale and I picked up a huge set of Magnetix for $7, which I think retails for about $40. Krieg loves to build, and I figured these would be a hit, once he figured out what all you could do with them. And I was right. We played with them for a good two hours today, and I had to make him put them away for bed. Kevin declared these "possibly one of your best toy purchases yet!"


Krieg and I have been learning all about Creation this week and talking about ways that we imitate God by creating things. He is not real into arts and crafts type things lately, but if you give him just about anything and ask him to build something, he will spend forever on it. I've always thought about being creative more in the sense of crafty, artsy stuff, but this week I've seen more of God's creative image in us in things like building and designing as well. I love to see Krieg use his imagination as he makes something and then proudly declares what it is, showing me how what he made reflects the real thing. The picture about was an "adult park" filled with slides, swings, walking trails and all!

0 comments: