Farmers' Market Potato Salad
I tried a new recipe from Cooking Light last night and it was great! As always, I modified the recipe based on what I had in the kitchen, so here is the original with my modifications in parenthesis.1 cup fresh corn kernels-2 ears
2 lbs fingerling potatoes (I just used baking pot.) cut into 1 in pieces.
2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp fresh tarragon (I used some fresh basil, and added some dried tarragon with the zucchini)
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup sliced red onions (or Vidalia)
3/4 cup diced zucchini (used zucch and squash)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (used chopped fresh tomatoes)
Coat corn and potatoes with 1 Tbsp oil and roast in oven on 425* for 30 min. (I cooked corn on the grill). Place in a large bowl.
Combine tarragon and next 5 ingredients in small bowl, stir with whisk. Gradually add remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp oil. Drizzle potato mixture with dressing, tossing gently.
In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and zucchini on med/high for 4 min. (I also grilled these instead)
Add veggies and tomatoes to potatoes.
This was a great new way to use a lot of the ingredients I have been cooking with all summer.
0 comments:
Post a Comment