BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

keeping up

Where to begin catching up from our whirwind Christmas/New Years travels...for starters, the downer that we have NO good pictures to document our adventures. (I am banking on my sis coming through with at least one!)

Better than pictures this year was a few fun, gracious surprises that God sent our way. We spent Christmas in DC with my sister and brother in law who were expecting their 1st baby on Jan 6th. And surely since Krieg and I had been praying for months that God would let us meet her, he did! Little Alexandra Susan made her appearance while we were still at their house, a week and a half early! It was so fun to be a part of her entrance into the world. And because Alexandra was born, my parents made a special surprise appearance too! She is a beautiful little baby, and hopefully I can steal a few pictures to post soon. The kids only got to meet her for a few minutes since we left their house about an hour after they got home from the hospital, but I got a good hour of snuggling in at the hospital!

I think more than any of their presents this year, Krieg and Karis' favorite thing at Christmas was my sister's dog, Hunter. Krieg was convinced that Hunter was his personal play mate, and Karis crawled around chasing him constantly. The poor dog was so tired by the end of each day.


Then after we said goodbye to my family, we headed across town to our CO New Years Conference with 500 college students. God was incredibly gracious to our family in making it a smooth conference for the kids in the midst of chaos and all sleeping in the same room. We discovered Krieg sleeps just like Kevin-straight through EVERYTHING! Crying, lights on, maids coming in, you name it.
As crazy as it is lugging both kiddos up there for 5 days, it is so worth it for me to just be around the conference to watch what all God is doing in so many students lives. I am so grateful for our calling to build laborers at Clemson!
Now back to normal life!

0 comments: