BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We have arrived!

We made it to Clemson last Tuesday and finally got out internet up and running yesterday. It has been a whirlwind of a week, to say the least. Moving with two kids 2 and under is not the most fun thing in the world. I think we are all finally catching up on lost sleep over the craziness of the week. We have unpacked almost all the boxes, and are now trying to do things to make our home feel like ours. First on the list was upgrading some of the appliances. The dishwasher and microwave are ancient, so they were the first to go! We took our first trip of many to Lowes today- it will be a much frequented place for the next few months.

I've been mentally compiling a list of things I've been thankful for over the last few days, trying not to miss things in Cullowhee, so here it is...
1. Lowes is literally 2 min from our house!
2. The shaded neighborhood park we live right down the street from- baby swing and all!
3. 2 Huge grocery stores within 5 min from our house
4. Our sun room
5. The beautiful azalea bushes in our yard
6. The ridiculously cheaper gas in SC (it's almost 30 cents per gallon less than Cullowhee!)

The one thing that surprised me the most was the huge hills in our neighborhood that I will not be pushing the double stroller up and down! I could barely push Krieg up the hill in the single stroller. I thought I was leaving the mountains!

More to come in the next few weeks!

1 comments:

Dena said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys made it and are enjoying it so far. Sorry I didn't call while we were up there... we ended up rushed to get there and then could never get away. Especially since it was Luke's first visit there! We will definitely be up there again soon though and I can't wait to see your place and you guys!